Monday, April 4, 2022

Hello with Flowers

 

It's a very windy day here - sideways rain followed by sun! The light changes quickly from stormy dark to blue sky bright and then back again.  Spring is exciting and full of promise. A perfect day for crafting and a cup of tea.

The new sketch this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge is a classic. Just love it and I created my design team card quite literally.  The cluster of flowers, greenery, and sentiment come from Gina K Designs Flowing Florals set.  The stamps were inked with Gina K colors and then I used Zig Clean Color markers to add detail.  The background was stenciled with Simon Says Tumbling Leaves using Altenew Enchanted Gold pigment ink.  I had some metallic vellum in my stash and used it for the horizontal band and a mat for the center. The butterflies were cut in white and vellum. Card base is a heavy matt gold.



I hope you will find time to play along and create something with the sketch. Link up your work HERE so we can see what you come up with!  

I'm also linking to Try It On Tuesday challenge: Say it with Flowers



2 comments:

  1. Striking colours Dena, a really pretty floral creation.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I really love the background stenciling, great idea and perfect for this card!

    ReplyDelete