Saturday, April 30, 2022

A Beach Scene

Marvelous new challenge at Allsorts for this week!  Anything Goes with Option for a Scene. Prizes this week: three images from Ruth Hamilton Design and a stamp from our hostess. 

Well, as I design my team card for the challenge I am attending a crafting weekend at the Coastal Retreat. It's a huge house in Ocean City that 9 of us rent twice a year. It's a short walk to the beach, and the house is full of collections and antiques. Each room has a theme with handmade quilts in every space. I'm the only paper crafter here - all others are cross-stitching, quilting, or wood burning. So fun!!


I adore the ocean and spent every summer of my childhood at ocean either in Rhode Island or The Cape.  Now that I live on the west coast I go to the coast whenever possible. Trip east to visit my brother coming up in June.

For my card I have used two long retired (and beloved) CTMH sets. I cut the sand fence and popped it on top. All was colored with pencil and a bit of ink blending for sky and sand.  I did some ink cube dragging on the kraft card base to give it a wood look. 

I hope you will create a fun scene and join the challenge at Allsorts!

Two peeks at the house...




8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a great weekend planned Dena and by the beach as well, enjoy. The scene on your card is so very peaceful.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the soft pencil colouring, great scene;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coastal retreat sounds idyllic and looks lovely from the sneak peeks. Your card obviously reflected your surroundings and looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a dream craft retreat you get to attend! Sounds really wonderful and hope you're having a fabulous time by the sea! Your card looks really beautiful too, great stamps, so perfect for a scenic card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous gently coastal scene Dena - love the delicate colouring. The craft retreat sounds fabulous and the house looks gorgeous - enjoy!
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! This is gorgeous, I love the scene and the the way you cut the fence. Just fabulous. We live just 5 miles from the coast, so I know what you mean when you say you visit asap. What a wonderful craft retreat and fun it sounds.
    Faith x
    Thanks for your lovely visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautifully done, I love the layers and depth you have achieved to your scene.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've created a fantastic scene and there's a sort of peace one finds when being near the beach and ocean! I spent many summers at the New Jersey shore as a child, so I'm glad you had the opportunity to go there and relax with other crafty ladies! Sounds like a fun time :)

    ReplyDelete