Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Week 38: UP!

 
http://casology.blogspot.ca/
 
 
 
 


                                                                                                                                                                        
 I was thrilled to have this card selected as the winner for CASology week 36: Song.  It got even        more fun when I was asked to be guest designer for this week.  That was a challenge!  CASology is dedicated to learning how to create clean and simple cards.  The design team is amazing.  About five years ago when I got a bit more serious about card making, I discovered several blogs with this CAS focus, and I became entranced.  Trying to create a CAS design is like doing comedy in theatre. MUCH more difficult than it looks!  CAS cards take away most of our paper, ribbon, brads, embellishments...Not an easy thing for me.  But I am learning - about using color, dimension, 'sweet spots' on the paper - and sometimes I can make it work.  I love trying and playing along with CASology whenever I can. 

7 comments:

  1. Love all the words you paird with 'up'! great design - and congrats on being the guest designer this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dena, your card made me smile...what a great interpretation of the cue this week! Who knew you could pair so many words with "up?" So fun and pefectly CAS! Great to have you as our guest designer this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your win ~ love your take on the cue word ~ oh, so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say you are getting a firm handle on CAS, Dena, and you definitely had UP covered with your fun card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super Card!!!! Love this colorful play with words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on being a guest designer! I love your card, it's so funky and different.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You you certainly made CAS work here! I love this fun design and the pops of yellow are perfect!

    ReplyDelete