I used a variety of Close To My Heart stamp sets and inks to random stamp the background. The sentiment was popped up with some fun foam. The balloons were covered with the shimmer pen. Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #309
Yesterday my to-do list went to page two...I have so many various projects, and looming deadlines. I feel so guilty about crafting things that aren't on the list. But having some fun with the chaos is healthy, right?
These two challenges provided some fun for today. Life inspires art :-) I still feel scattered, but am getting through my list.
I used Hero Arts background stamp Picnic Blanket. First with some direct ink pad to stamp, then blending with my Picket Fence brush. The sentiment (Rosies Roadshow) was heated embossed with Hero Arts white, and popped up with foam tape. I used a gel pen and some Nuvo drops.
I tried to combine two challenges with my card today. I did a direct ink to paper with Distress Inks: candied apple, spiced marmalade, squeezed lemonade, twisted citron, salty ocean, and seedless preserves. Then cut the sentiment with a Memory Box die. I cut it two more times in white so that it would sit smoothly over the other color card stock layers. The inside sentiment is one from a cherished older set from Rubber Soul- 'Life Affirming.'
The Simon Says Stamp 'Picture Book' koala die cut really is too cute! It's nestled inside some Lawn Fawn Outside In Stitched Scalloped Circle dies- I cut three and adhered them, then popped them even more with foam tape. The outside scalloped frame is an Avery Elle rectangle die. The heart and flag are from Simon Says Baby Party Animals. Whisper grey card stock is Close to My Heart.
Also linking this to Allsorts #510 "For a Child" challenge
This is a new challenge blog to me, and it sure struck a chord today! Dieting always makes me crave chocolate.
I immediately thought of an older CTMH set that just hasn't been used enough. One chocolate image wasn't enough, so I masked the cupcake and added two other sweets, then paired it up with some punches and my new Lawn Fawn In Side Out Stitched Circle dies. Linking to Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #129 "D is for Diet"
The background was made on glossy card stock with alcohol inks. Then I placed a stencil over it and pounced alcohol lift ink for the pattern. When I lifted the stencil, I was disappointed because the stencil pattern was not really visible. I set it aside to dry...and the next morning, there was the pattern!! This was an experiment, so the piece was small...and today looking for something to back my new Hero Arts fancy die, I saw that it fit. The butterfly die cut is so pretty, but does cover up the pattern in the inked piece. I used a scrap left for the embossed sentiment. I'm new at alcohol ink, but it has been great messy fun. Linking to Just Us Girls #477