Sunday, April 6, 2014

Touch of Turquoise




My last card for Less is More was not as CAS as it should have been, and I have been much more aware of keeping the white space this week!  Thank you for reminding me, and for encouraging as well.

Earlier this week, I read about a technique for using the shape dies as embossing frames.  For this card I placed the die cut side down on the front of the panel, and back it with a tan mat before running it through the Cuttlebug.  I used very heavy (110#) card stock, and it made lovely deep embossing. Leaving the die in place, I sponged with some ink (Breeze, retired CTMH).  The flowers (Treasure Life, retired CTMH) and sentiment from Verve were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black. I trimmed the panel and used foam tape to place it on the card base.

A new technique and lots of white space to go with my 'touch of turquoise' for
Less is More week 166!

4 comments:

  1. So pretty Dena and I as a Novice CAS stamper think your card is perfect! lol! I like the use of the shape die as an embossing frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty!
    SO delicate looking!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dena this is lovely, great CAS creation!
    Thanks so much for playing along at Less is More this week
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card Dena. I like the way you've created the frame. x

    ReplyDelete