Sunday, April 6, 2014

Tea Time DD#97



Pulled out lots of things for this.  Do you ever wake up half dreaming/half planning a card?  I guess I went to bed thinking about these colors after looking at my stamping blogs before bed.  Usually, I must be up and rushing about getting ready for work, and those dreamy ideas vanish.  Today I took advantage of my last sweet day of spring break, and got to crafting while the coffee brewed :-)

First, I stamped the background strip in second generation Whisper ink.  Then I water brushed in some color on the flowers. I had dreamed of floral teacups....Then I cut them out with the die, and mounted them on panels of Lagoon and Cotton Candy card stock (my closest matches to Dynamic Duos). I ran a panel of vellum through the Cuttlebug, punched a label in white and Lagoon, stamped the sentiment, tied the bow,  and added a few tiny blooms with pearls in the center. 

Thank you Dynamic Duos for a sweet dream and a fun crafting morning!

Products used:
Stamps: In the Background, A Sip  (CTMH)
Ink: Lagoon, Whisper, Cotton Candy
Paper: Lagoon, Cotton Candy, vellum, 110# white
Tools: Memory Box tea cup die, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, SU! label punch, foam tape, invisible vellum adhesive, Memory Dots
Embellishments: stash ribbon, blooms and bitty opaque pearls (CTMH)

2 comments:

  1. Dena, so pretty! Your three teacups are beautiful with a great design. I really like your sentiment placement as well. Thanks for sharing with the Dynamic Duos this week;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stacked tea cups are so lovely...like fine china! Love your tiny pink blooms and the embossed paper! Thanks for joining the DD!

    ReplyDelete