Saturday, March 5, 2022

Fun with Distressing

 The challenge at Allsorts this week Anything Goes with an option to use distressing techniques. I haven't done that for a while and I LOVED making this card!  So much fun getting messy with inks, splatter, tearing paper, roughing edges and sponging.  My work table needs a thorough cleaning up :-)

The card base is Nina Desert Sand sponged around the edges with some desert sand ink. I then roughed the edges of a piece of dark gray card stock with scissors and embossed with a wood grain folder. Next I did some ink to paper drags to highlight the raised parts and adhered it to the card base.

Then things got really messy! I cut some patterned paper down with deckled edge scissors and then stamped it with a speckle stamp, stenciled it with the negative of the big leaf die, sponged it around the edges. I tore the other paper and sponged it too. These were adhered together and I tied a black string and put dimensional foam tape on the back.  The leafy bits were adhered and I splattered with black and white before adhering it to the wood grain panel.


I hope you will give distressing a go or make an A/G card and link up to Allsorts HERE.  The design team looks forward to seeing your creations.

Two sponsors for this challenge: a Tattered Lace die and a £15 store voucher for Stamp Addicts


8 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful, Dena. The color scheme is so perfect for the 'distressed' option! So many great elements and loving the way you layered the die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trying to comment on my tablet and predictive text never work!! Your card looks really elegant in the soft neutral colours Dena.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is really great love the colour tones. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - that’s a fabulous concoction of distressed elements. Great to read the process. Wonderful card. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Dena this card is a stunning mix of distress techniques and is just sooo stylish - I love it! Glad you had fun with my theme doing some techniques you've not done in a while!
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love this card with all it's beautifully distressed and splattered layers and details. A fabulous creation for our challenge this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous vintage card with all the distressing;-))m

    ReplyDelete