Saturday, March 12, 2022

Spring Freesia two ways


 

My design team card for this week's challenge at Allsorts #667 'Spring is in the Air'. The sponsor for this challenge is Stampers Grove with this beautiful set for a winning entry.

I love spring flowers and freesia have such a marvelous scent as well.  This stamp and die set from Altenew has been a favorite of mine.  Freesia have many color varieties, and I had to do two for this challenge. 

The first card doesn't use typical spring colors, but I have some of this stunning red/orange variety.  The back ground was created by blowing bubbles with ink and dish soap in a small bowl and 'catching' the bubbles on the paper. Great fun to do!  I added some splatter. The flower was colored with alcohol markers.





My second card is of a white freesia, again colored with alcohol markers. The background for this card was embossed on Fog card stock (Simon Says Stamp Exotic Vines) and then I daubed white pigment ink on raised portions and ink blended some grey around the edges. The sentiment is from the same stamp set.

I hope you will join and share your creation here. The team loves visiting to see what you have made.

7 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to try that bubble technique as it sounds fun, both your Freesia card are lovely, thank you.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love freesias so both cards really appeal to me. The bubble background does sound fun, but I m LOVING that pretty embossed background on the second card. SO effective. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two gorgeous cards, Dena and loving both color versions! The bubble art background is such a fun idea, I need to give it a try! And beautiful embossing on the second card! Sympathy cards are so hard to make I find, this one is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous spring blooms, lovely cards;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two wonderful cards Dena using such a gorgeous image. I love the background technique you have used on your first card, it's very subtle but so effective. Great to have you on the team with us at Allsorts and looking forward to seeing more of your lovely work.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two lovely freesia cards Dena. Love that bubble technique - not heard of that before ... must try it if i can find something to blow bubbls with!!
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two lovely cards. The background on the second one reminds me of an antique quilt, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete