Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Simple Thanks

 My card today was so fun to create. A while ago I watched a Chrissie Stokes video of a very fun technique: use liquid adhesive to fix colored tissue on card stock and squish it up while still wet to create texture and let it dry. Then lightly rub Gilding wax over the rough edges.  I made a bunch of sheets in different colors. 

Today I cut one of the pieces with Simon Says Stamp Large Stitched Maple Leaf die. The card front was embossed with Altenew's Linen folder, and I rubbed gilding wax along the edges of the smaller rectangle and used a Gina K Designs stamp from the Fluttering Fall set to gold heat emboss the sentiment. More sparkle from some sequins in my stash.



Linking to Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge  'shimmer & shine'

   and

Try It On Tuesday challenge 'keep it simple'

3 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS, Dena. I would like to INVITE you to come play along in some more FUN challenges. You're allowed to share each card you make in multiple challenges, and we'd all LOVE to have you play along with us. I run this challenge blog - lots of awesome PRIZES and FUN - Word Art Wednesday you'll find it here: www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com Also, this card would be perfect for The Four Seasons Challenge here www.thefourseasonschallenge.blogspot.com
    Happy crafting. You're super talented and we would really enjoy having you play along with us. I look forward to seeing more of your amazing creations. Have a blessed week!
    Karen Letchworth
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! sorry I'm late visiting from Try It On Tuesday. That sounds an interesting technique to try

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Love that stitched maple leaf! Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! ((HUGS)) Helen

    ReplyDelete