Sunday, August 14, 2022

Fancy Feather

 My card today was inspired by the sketch at 

 CAS Colours & Sketches #482 and also by two crafters who used the coloring/stamping technique - Kelly Latevola Taylor and Jennifer McGuire.

I first stamped a feather from Gina K Designs Fancy Feathers set in black on a top fold white card. Then stamped the feather in white pigment ink on the black, and then with Distress Oxide Twisted Citron and Mermaid Lagoon. It was very vibrant color when wet, but dried back very subtle, so I used a white gel pen to highlight.  I wanted so much to be able to capture the color, so I tried again and heat embossed with clear before the inks dried. It was a bit brighter.  Two subtly different looks.  Which do you like better?







3 comments:

  1. I think they're both beautiful! Great way to use our sketch! Thank you for joining us this week at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Dena this is so pretty - what a gorgeous feather and used so beautifully.
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent effect with the stamping off the edge! Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete