Monday, February 21, 2022

No Rain no flowers


 

Good Morning!  Monday means a new sketch at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge, and today my inspiration card for #461 used many products from my stash and a new-to-me technique I watched recently. 

The background is a cover plate die from Altenew adhered on a white card base. The paper strips are MFT gingham and some CTMH pieces from my scrap files. I hoard even tiny pieces in color files...and used them here to paper piece the boots and for center stripe and sentiment flag.



I used a cut die from Simon Says Stamp. I think it was part of a kit a few years back and a stamping buddy gifted it to me. I cut it from white twice and also from the blue patterned paper. I cut one of the white pieces and blue just for the boots. Since I did not have a stamp for this, I used some Copics to add shading to the boots and then to color in the flowers on the base white piece. The sentiment from Altenew Paint-a-Flower Hydrangea was just right for my image. I added a few dew drop embellishments.


Chrissie Stokes is a designer I have long admired. She is the ultimate in creating CAS cards and just generally inspiring!  Her idea was to give die cuts dimension. After I colored the flowers, I turned the piece over and used a large embossing tool in a circular motion on the tulips. This made a little 'bowl' that I put a tiny piece of foam tape inside. Not a CAS card today, but this technique is wonderful.  It gives the flowers dimension.  So fun!

Well, I hope you will try crafting something with the sketch this week!  I look forward to seeing your creations.

2 comments:

  1. A distinct Spring feel to this one Dena, very pretty with the Tulips.

    B x

    ReplyDelete