Saturday, February 24, 2024

Northern Cardinal

 

This week at Allsorts the challenge theme is THINGS THAT FLY or you may use the Anything Goes option if you prefer.

There are prizes for this month's challenges from AALL and Create and Aldridge Crafts

My stash of 'flying' stamps is very limited - I have lots of different beautiful butterflies, but only a few birds and I have used both the butterflies and hummingbird in my most recent posts. So I attempted to water color the Tim Holtz Cardinal die.  As I have painted it, this is a female Northern Cardinal. (I used Google images to find some color inspiration.)  The branches are heavily trimmed pieces from Altenew's Leaf Canopy set.  I need a lot of practice with my water coloring. haha!  But it was good exercise.  


Hope to see your creations on the Allsorts blog!


6 comments:

  1. Lovley card Dena, your Northerm Cardinal is beautifully coloured.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Cardinal, Dena, you did so well watercoloring the die cut and he looks fantastic on the gray-ish background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a glorious card, I love your colouring of the Cardinal and the branches. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super Dena love the image of the Cardinal and those twigs
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks wonderful, especially against the grey background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've done some amazing coloring on that pretty cardinal and I love the branches that it's perched on too. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete