Thursday, August 31, 2023

School Begins!


 I've had a marvelous time with my grandchildren this summer - they are 8 and 5.  We have taken walks in the woods, along rocky beaches, crafted, learned to embroider and knit, played catch, cooled off on the slip n' slide, picked blueberries, made jam and applesauce, gardened and pulled weeds, gone to museums, trampoline, and putt putt golf.... this Mimee is happy and tired!  One more overnight weekend with backyard camping and maybe a movie/popcorn night and then it will be time to start school and Mom and Dad will be in full charge once again.

I will make them each a card with a note inside and a positive message.  This is the first and will go to the Kindergarten kid.  I used some papers from my stash and the stamps are from a Close To My Heart set called School is Here - at least 10 years old as I purchased it before I retired.

Linking to Retro Rubber Challenge #214  




4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, your life sounds wonderful! I am 60 and still waiting for grandchildren. (My kids tell me it's not in the near future! :) ) Spending not only time with them but doing the things that you're doing is so wonderful. They will remember and cherish these special moments throughout their whole lives. Anyway, I'm guest designing over at Retro Rubber this time and wanted to come by and say that you've made a lovely card. I love the bright colors, and the notebook paper is perfect! Enjoy your last overnight weekend with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just adorable, Dena, and perfect for your rising kinder! Sounds like a fabulous summer was had by all - beautiful memories that last forever! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  3. its sounds as a faboulus summer for your granchildren.
    lovely card and sketch
    Alma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a fun summer with your grandkids. Great card, love the pencil stamp. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT x

    ReplyDelete