Friday, August 25, 2023

FMS Celebration


Freshly Made Sketches challenge is celebrating 12 years and 600 sketches of crafting inspiration! 

My card used some Simon Hurley stamping foam to press into my granddaughters new sweater. We inked it up with her favorite color to match the sweater. It was a full day of crafty goodness with her as I taught her to cast on and knit. She's 8 1/2 and it took two days to get her going on her test swatch without adding/dropping stitches. She's got it now! 

I used my new Chunky Knit stencil (SSS) to 'emboss' a panel. I fussy cut one of the images from the Yarn Love (SSS) set and stamped a sentiment from the same set. Popped up the embossing panel and the yarn/sentiment.



5 comments:

  1. Great use of this sketch, super cute image and texture too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this just made me smile - adorable! Love the sentiment! Glad you shared it at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FUN sentiment!! I love your use of the stencil behind that cute ball of yarn! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sentiment really sums it up! ;-) What a fun card. Thank you so much for joining our 600th sketch celebration at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely cozy athmosphere, and I love the sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us for this 600th sketch celebration at FMS

    ReplyDelete