Sunday, March 3, 2019

Butterfly Birthday

The background was made on glossy card stock with alcohol inks. Then I placed a stencil over it and pounced alcohol lift ink for the pattern.  When I lifted the stencil, I was disappointed because the stencil pattern was not really visible. I set it aside to dry...and the next morning, there was the pattern!!  This was an experiment, so the piece was small...and today looking for something to back my new Hero Arts fancy die, I saw that it fit.  The butterfly die cut is so pretty, but does cover up the pattern in the inked piece.  I used a scrap left for the embossed sentiment. I'm new at alcohol ink, but it has been great messy fun. Linking to Just Us Girls #477

1 comment:

  1. Even if the pattern doesn't show your alcohol ink is beautiful, Dena. Keep practicing. And wear gloves. ;) Thanks for sharing your lovely butterfly with us at Just Us Girls.