Friday, June 8, 2018

Swimming By

Playing with my new Jillibean Octopus set and my new Distress Oxide inks.  I have been wanting the oxide inks for sooo long!  Finally just splurged on a Mother's Day sale.  This card also tried a 'back' stamping technique  Jennifer McGuire posted this week.  My card did not use a raised panel though, and perhaps it would have been cuter if I had done that.  Instead, I masked the sides on the card front, and did some ink blending and spritzing before using the coordinating die cut. After coloring the inside octopus, I used a glimmer pen.  The inside sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.

Linking to Freshly Made Sketches #340


 
and inside:
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Cute card and the inlay technique with your die cut looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! I hope you're enjoying your Distress Oxide inks - they're so fun! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect background for that little guy! Or maybe it's not a background if he's actually on the inside - how cute!! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete