Sunday, June 10, 2018

Rainyday Pleasures

My little corner of the PNW had every kind of sweet spring weather today!  Bright sun, windy bluster, soft rain, hard rain...a delightful weather parade.  I ran outside during the sunny times and checked on plants, pulled a few wet weeds and appreciated the sparkle on the flowers. I  watched lots of incredibly talented women share and inspire with videos, and discovered a new group that collects cards for children in hospitals.  I went through all my cards and gathered a pile that would be appropriate and fun for that.  And then I made some cards. Not for challenges, but for fun.

The first is for my oldest son who has been teaching English in Japan for nine years. He loves to travel about and has embraced the history and culture of his home there. There is a whole board of inspiration for this Lawn Fawn set on Pinterest.  Great fun to color! I fussy cut each piece. Hard to see in the photo, but the rolls have Nuvo drops in the center.
 

 
The next card was to CASE(E) the great ideas of Jennifer McGuire's post here
 
I used a new Altenew set, You Make My Heart Happy.  I had intended the card to be much simpler for the CAS Colours challenge to use Melon, Pumpkin and Garden Green.  But this happened! A lovely technique that really creates a stunner card. But definitely not CAS.  It is so hard to get round smooth dots with my Crystal Drops...I hope there is a video about how to do it!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment