I just tried new things today. A very dear stamping friend gave me a scoring board as a gift! So I wanted to try that, and then I was totally intrigued by a card and technique seen here http://simplicitybylateblossom.blogspot.com/. This has become my go to blog for inspiration.
So I tried the watercolor technique, the muslin and the scoring . . . with some successes and some just so-so results.
The watercolor was tricky but very fun. I wanted to use current CTMH stamps, but the one that worked the best was an old CTMH wood/rubber. I colored with watercolor crayons then lightly misted the stamp. There were quite a few failed attempts at this until I discovered the 'spray up in the air above the stamp and let it catch the mist on the way down' method! :)
I also tried a VERY light mist on the watercolor paper or muslin before stamping. The less wet worked best. The last card is the result of a too wet mess on the fabric. So I sprayed it (as the original card directions on Susan's blog instructed) and just let it blend all through. After it dried I stamped it with waterproof black ink. I used spray adhesive to mount the fabric pieces. It worked beautifully.
products used: CTMH stamps (Extreme Happiness, Smiles, Card Chatter- Thank You, A Little Bit of Everything); Sweet Leaf, Hollyhock, textured Colonial White CS; CTMH Hollyhock and Black inks; Wordsworth stamp ; watercolor crayons (SU!); watercolor paper; beading twine, black bitty brads, 'moss' sparkles (PTI); muslin scraps; spray adhesive.