Saturday, January 7, 2023

Something New

 A new year and some new crafty items?  Allsorts challenge #710 encourages you to enjoy trying them out with this week's theme:

                                                  ****  SOMETHING NEW ****

In 2023 the Allsorts blog will have a new method for awarding prizes from our wonderful patrons. 
This month’s prizes come from OakwoodStamp Addicts, Sizzix and AALL and Create, these links take you to their individual websites and you can read more about each on our Patron's Page.




My card inspiration for you uses a new to me die set from Concord & 9th, Geometric Quilt Top. In the past I have loved using quilt patterns and paper piecing them onto card. This die set debosses stitch lines and cuts out various pieces. It's a marvelous way to use little pieces of your favorite papers, and provides some gluing therapy, too! I did trim the quilted panel down a bit to allow for a black border, and popped it up with foam tape. The sentiment is from Altenew's Inked Lotus set, heated embossed and also popped with foam tape.

The Design team at Allsorts has some beautiful projects to share - have a look and play with something new in your crafty space or try a new technique.   Happy 2023.




7 comments:

  1. This is such an effective design Dena and the centre of the little flowers pick out the pink perfectly.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card and lovely die cut set;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great design and love the color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love quilt dies too and you've made such a pretty card with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab quilted design Dena - I love the geometric look of it and the black/white/touch of pink colour scheme.
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh I love that die cut and I love the papers you used. My MIL is a quilter and loves coming to my house to make quilty cards for her friends. I might need to get this for my collection.

    ReplyDelete