Tuesday, April 19, 2011

World's Best Dad ~ Dimensions Challenge



** These are new photos. The first one was just not really clear. Outdoor lighting is much better. The detail can be seen better when you click to enlarge.

There is a great new blog full of tutorials and challenges called Lily Pad. Click my post title to go directly to their site. This is my entry for making something using a GlobeCraft Memories domed frame. They are three-dimensional display frames. What a cool way to get those special keepsake items out of a storage box!


I was a little anxious, but the chipboard is sturdy and very easy to cover. I ordered an oval and a rectangle frame online ( http://www.globecraftmenories.com/), and they came in a few days. The idea for fishing items came to me right away and I went looking for things to put in the globe.

This was a very fun project! I'd thought about the papers I wanted to use, and so the whole project took only about 2 hours from start to finish.


Products used: Globecraft Memories Medium Grand Rectangle GF728; World's Best Dad stamp set; Back Woods and Moon Doggie paper collections from Close To My Heart; New England Ivy, Cocoa, Brown Bag, and Twilight inks; Bamboo textured card stock; Liquid Glass; foam tape; Glue Dots; twine.
























3 comments:

  1. I just saw your card on Lily Pad and wanted to see it up close and WOW...it's awesome! I love what you've done with the globe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty globe! I am sure your dad will love it!!! Thank you for playing with us at lilypad cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used the globe frame on this wonderful project...you are right they're perfect for getting keepsakes out of the drawer and on display. I'm so glad you jumped in the Lily Pad pond with us.
    blessings~

    ReplyDelete