Thursday, April 21, 2011

Quilting Inspiration







Last week I was picking up a book at the library and a stack of old magazines for sale caught my eye. I picked up several because the quilts were just so beautiful. I don't sew, but have been inspired by quilt designs before. Easy to do with a few punches. Blue and white is a favorite of mine. Lily Pad's post today is about finding inspiration in lots of places - images that can get your creativity sparked.
This is titled 'Clam Shell Blues', published in Quilters, March 1997.


I will probably try it again with a smaller circle punch so there might be room for more layers and color shades. This was a 1 1/4" punch, and the finished card is 5X7"


1 comment:

  1. Very clever! Pretty colors and a nice, clean design. Terrific job! I'm so glad I stopped by. :-)

    ReplyDelete