Saturday, April 9, 2011

OLW 48 Sympathy


This week Susan's challenge is to make a one-layer sympathy card without using trees or flowers. You can see her challenge post by clicking on my post title.


One-layer challenges always make me really work!

I tried embossing with a Nestability label... and found it is very difficult to get the dye straight on the card stock, but finally got one that was acceptable. I inked the bird with Heavenly blue, stamped on scrap paper and then rolled the stamp in Grey Flannel ink before stamping on the card stock. Soft and just a touch of pale blue beneath the grey. That grey wasn't dark enough for the sentiment though, and I used a second generation with Black ink. I used a mask cut-out, and sponged a bit of Heavenly Blue around the inside edges of the embossed frame.

It was super tough to photograph because it is so subtle in color....after several tries I put it in the scanner and that didn't work at all :-( So this is the best I do do. I really want a photo box.

5 comments:

  1. Dena, I'm with you on wanting a light box! I photograph my cards...and then I have to adjust all the levels with photoshop elements! I've seen a couple of sites that tell you how to make your own light box, but just haven't gotten around to it yet!

    Love the embossed shape..and the rounded corners on the card...very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so soft and pretty. It makes a lovely sympathy card. I like your embossed frame. I haven't tried doing that yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful soft and serene card! All your hard work and determination paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful, soft and subtle colours, very elegant and perfect for a sympathy card.

    I'm with you about a light box - I either scan or take photos on my window sill!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful. It's so soft and subtle. I had the same problem with the placement of my Spellbinders die. On the third attempt, I used two small pieces of Washi tape to hold the die in place and that seemed to work well.

    ReplyDelete