Saturday, May 8, 2021

Summer Dreaming


Good Morning!  Sumner is just around the corner and I am dreaming of warm afternoons in the backyard. Not excited about dandelions in the lawn  that I allowed to linger for the bees this spring, but the grandchildren love to pick the cheerful yellow flowers and making wishes on the ones that are older. 

For this week's sketch at Sketch Saturday, I created an alcohol ink panel with Denim, Stonewashed and Dandelion inks.  All the rest of the products used are from Simon Says Stamp May card kit, except for the stitched circle dies that I already had.  I cut the main circle before putting the panel in the 3-D embossing folder. Once the alcohol ink was completely dry, I white heat embossed the cluster of dandelions. The embossed panel was popped up with foam tape. I snipped enough of the hidden part to cut a smaller circle which was adhered directly to the front.  The sentiment is from the card kit set and I fussy cut around it before placing on the card. A few Nuvo drops finished it off.

I hope you will check out the rest of the design team inspiration and join us this week at                Sketch Saturday. We love visiting your posts to see what you create.  




No comments:

Post a Comment