A new sketch week, and a tale of ink woes...I want so much to be able to love my Altenew Layered flower stamps and new ink sets. But it is very difficult. I am so challenged to get them aligned properly. I thought I finally had practiced enough (lots of once lovely white card stock in the trash bin), and also marked the block side of my stamps with permanent ink dots to help...I cut masks for the flowers using the coordinating dies out of Inkadinado mask paper, and began stamping. Two terrible things occurred which required either giving up and adding to the trash, or problem solving. I opted for problem solving. The result is far from perfect, but must do.
First, I stamped the outline with Memento...when I added the layers of dye ink, it bled. The second flower was stamped with Simon Says Intense Black and that worked much better. Then when I masked and inked the leaves, they did not print all the way to the flower. So I smooshed some of the green inks on my work mat and used a water brush to fill in the gaps. I tied some twine and added a few Nuvo drops.
Go to Alantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and play along with us this week!