Saturday, March 11, 2017

Summer Festival Memories

Last summer I had the opportunity to be in Japan for 10 weeks.  I stayed with my son who works there teaching English at a kindergarten.  It was such a pleasure to be with those children and to be part of the Kids Garden school for that time.  The last day of their first semester was July 19th, and they celebrate the start of their summer break with a festival - food, dancing and traditional dress.  They strung lanterns across the play yard. I even performed a dance with the children and we all had special fans.  It was a magical evening.  

These sweet dies are from Frantic Stamper Inc. I have used lots of lovely papers from Japan to create my scene. I sent this card to the school yesterday to let them know how often I think of them and thank them for sharing such special times with me.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment