Sunday, June 24, 2012

Less Is More: Week 73 Recipe

Last week's 'Shiny' challenge was such fun! So I was back at Less Is More today for the new challenge - paper piecing.  I looked at every stamp I own !    Nothing 'spoke' to me, but finally I settled for the Close To My Heart A Tree set. I stamped it with Cocoa ink on Colonial White card stock, then on some Olive paper from the retired Lucky paper pack. The subtle pattern on the paper is lost in the stamping...  The sentiment is from a retired CTMH set called Treetops. The olive grosgrain is from the ribbon stash.  I am just not sure how I feel about this card after spending a long time to do something simple. Challenged.

10 comments:

  1. Your choice of stamp is just perfect, love the subdued colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tree! Super card.

    Marrigje

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super tree, great card
    Thanks so much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I think this stamp works fabulously well paper pierced like this. The ribbon works well with the design too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stylish card love the choice in colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It took me ages too to choose a stamp for this challenge. The paper you chose is perfect for the tree, it's a lovely card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well you may have taken ages to chose the stamp to use for this paper piecing card but it was certainly well worth it!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colours you've used - they suit your image so well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really striking. M x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a brilliant idea for the tree stamp, great card, love it.
    Thanks so much for your comment.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete