Monday, May 30, 2011

Know that I care...



Less is More challenge this week is a sketch - a card divided into 5 squares (one of them being the center) and the image and sentiment must be in one of them only. My card base is 4 3/4 X 6 1/4". I am going to make another and try to reposition the sentiment and bottom right curve, as I think it's a bit cramped as it is...but this is a lovely way to create an elegant feeling card. All the empty space directs your eye to the color. Very good challenge for balance positioning - I have a bit of learning curve to traverse yet!

Stamp Image and sentiment: CTMH Carefree set
Inks: CTMH Juniper, Sunset, Creme Brulee

Button: small Juniper button from the Assorted Green collection, CTMH

piercing tool

9 comments:

  1. I think this is lovely Dena
    Glad you are enjoying our challenges
    Make you think eh?
    Thank you
    Diva LIM mandi
    Less is Moore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and flower

    KAthyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty flower and super card.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely colouring Dena, just super!
    Thanks so much for joining us.
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is perfect as it is. Love the little splash of colour against all that white.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you used a rectangle..and I love the piercing!
    My card is HERE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful paper piercing and color! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pierced border around the card and the flower looks really good in that top corner, great card :)

    ReplyDelete