Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Flower Swag Birthday


 New challenge at Try A Sketch On Tuesday!

This sketch had me stumped for a while - there was no shape in my stash to cut that elongated oval.  I tried several things, but nothing looked good.  So I have taken some liberties with the sketch. I used the Flower Swag border dies from Simon Says Stamp to form that portion of the sketch. I cut the background denim blue piece by cutting and flipping the shadow part of the die. I cut the flowers three times and stacked them and colored with Copics and did some inlay.  I cut another and snipped two sections to use as the accent embellishments. The heat embossed sentiment is from Gina K Designs The Good Life set.  the patterned paper was purchased in Japan when I was there this spring.

Looking forward to seeing how the creative crafters out there interpret this sketch.  Hope to see you linked up to the TSOT blog!







5 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Dena! Wonderful use of the pretty patterned paper and the white and green garland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your interpretation of the sketch - the colours are so elegant :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dena, your card is lovely! That's a super cute die and I love the colors you used with it. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dena, I can totally see the sketch still in your card. I love how people get inspired in different ways.
    -- Dalis

    ReplyDelete
  5. The floral used for your oval interpretation is cool and love the patterned paper and how you shadowed the floral cuts. Beautiful card and interpretation.

    ReplyDelete