Saturday, July 22, 2023

Summer Blues

 Challenge #738 this week at Allsorts is 

               ***  Summer Blues - or Anything Goes  ***

Prizes from Oakwood, SizzixAALL and Create and Craft Stash, please visit our Patrons page to read more about each.

My Design Team card was inspired by the Blues option and then by an amazing art piece that I saw this past weekend at the Museum of Glass in my town. It is all glass - a work by Amber Cowan that is among many pieces in the current exhibition entitled "Boundless Curiosity," all works from the collection of Robert M. Minkoff. I took this photo.

So I began by laying out a number of small dies in a rough circle, I pressed into them with a circle of Simon Hurley stamping foam. I inked using Gina K Designs inks: Sea Glass, Blue Lagoon, and Tranquil Teal, spritzed lightly with water and stamped.  While that dried, I used the same inks on some scraps of white card and cut out all the dies I'd used to make the foam impression. Some were cut multiple times. I also cut some sea shapes from a Savvy Summer Set. I cut the circle out with a stitched die and began assembling the die cuts on the stamped piece. I added some sequins, Nuvo Jewel drops, and a spritz of Sheer Shimmer spray (which is subtle and hard to capture in the photo).  Both the white panel and the circle were adhered with dimensional foam tape. This was really fun to make!  




What inspires you when you are creating? I hope you will join this week's challenge at Allsorts!



7 comments:

  1. The piece of art is fascination and a great way to gain inspiration.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing art and I can see the inspiration in your unusual but clever design. It's a great way to showcase smaller dies too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning creation Dena, so lovely;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the inspiration piece and your card, how marvellous to make something with wonderful inspiration like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Dena, thanks for sharing the story behind your inspiration. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete