Thursday, December 9, 2021

Peace

 

I know this stamp image was part of a Simon Says Stamp Stamptember - either 2019 or 2020. I don't think I have ever used it....I have been trying to downsize/purge some stamps and I 'found' this.  Now it has been on my desk for a week or so.  The color challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments inspired me to try heat embossing with gold on the deep red card stock.  I then painted the leaves with metallic watercolors for the green and soft blue green in the challenge.  The stamp is a pull apart rubber cling - the circle sentiment in the center pops out, so I stamped it separately and cut with a circle die and adhered it with foam.

I really like how it turned out. This stamp will be a keeper!







5 comments:

  1. Wow, Dena, so elegant! I love the coloring on the leaves, beautiful take on our colors - such a great medium for coloring on color! Thanks so much for playing at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card! I like how you colored just the leaf images. Really made them all pop! Thanks for joining us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow isn't that gorgeous - the colours are so rich and I love that pop of blue - thanks for sharing with us at HSS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful and so elegant! Thanks for playing along with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! The gold highlights make it really elegant feeling. Thanks for joining us at HSS.

    ReplyDelete