Monday, December 6, 2021

Sparkle & Snow

 

Some  big projects got completed today, and I had time to created a card that has been in my mind since AAA Card Challenge posted it's current 'along the edge + option of snow'...It didn't come out quite as I envisioned it, but I do like it.  Wondered if perhaps it needed another tree?  CAS design is always an exciting balance to attempt.

I used the die to cut along the edge of a 4.25"X 5.5" panel of #110 solar white card. I hand cut from the edge with a bit of a curve to release the tree, and carefully ink blended the side piece before adhering it to a top folding base. I stamped the sentiment on the larger left hand piece and glued it down to the base. I inset the tree and added some glue and fine glitter to created snow on the branches, at the base, and a bit down the edge.  It's quite sparkly in real life.  The grey winter days are making photos so difficult. :(






Also linking to Little Red Wagon Snow challenge #630




3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the soft colours of your ink blending, and I think the balance is just right!
    Take care and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is extraordinary the use of the embossing and the pastel colors. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! Such pretty colours. Thank you for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete