Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Autumn Leaves

 

It was fun to watch a few technique videos that are linked in the CAS Mix Up Card Challenge for October.  I really had fun playing with paints and Distress Oxide inks and some leaves collected on my walk.  My acrylic paints are not of a good quality, and I found I had greater success with the Oxides.  I also don't have mini-gell plates, so I used the back of the Concord & 9th Painted Shapes stamp set as gel plates.  I have lots of sweet square backgrounds to turn into cards as well.

I used the Freshly Made Sketches #506 to create this card. I adhered 1/4" strips to a card panel and then used a circle die to cut out a window.  I stamped a small sentiment on the inked portion and adhered it behind the window.







5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Fall colors, Dena! Love your maple leaf and the results you got from the DOX inks! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful print from your leaves on your walk, Dena! The colours are AMAZING! Beautifully designed card. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab prints from your leaf collecting walk Dena. Lovely colours and thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! Your leaf prints look so amazing and I love the colours you've used. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful botanical leaves print for your CAS card design, Dena. So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up. TFS the description of your technique steps, too. Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete