Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Let them eat cake!



 


This was a challenging sketch at Atlantic Hearts.  I thought on it for quite a while, hoping to come up with a really unique way to deal with the rays....In the end, I used Thistle thick twine. I am still happy with this cheery card using Confetti Wishes paper.  The card base was cut from Pacifica card stock, and I embossed a white panel with a Swiss Dots folder. The image and sentiment are from a CTMH retired set called Fanfare. I hand-cut the cupcake (Pacifica and Pixie inks), and it was popped with foam tape. Embellished with a shiny, puffy heart (CTMH) and white jell pen.

My shoulder surgery has kept me away for over a month.  This week I began crafting again -  slowly with one hand!  Life is Good!

6 comments:

  1. Very cute! Love the little cupcake :) Thanks for joining us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge! Jess - DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just darling!! Love those Swiss dots. :) TY for sharing... See you at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay that you got back in your craft room! Such a cute card! Love the cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card, I love that you attached the sentiment to the twine, very cute idea. And good for you for getting back into your scrapbook room it is hard to do when your away for a while! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC)!

    Brandi R
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who doesn't love a card with a cupcake?! Thanks for joining us at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete