Saturday, July 11, 2015

Happy Bird



Another great sketch at Atlantic Hearts. This time I used some (retired) papers from CTMH- Balloon Ride, and a stamp set that I finally used for the first time.  Why was I waiting?  The set has several birds as well as the flowers. It is appropriately called Happy Birds.  The colors are Sorbet, Saddle and Sky (both retired).  I embossed the vertical strip with the wood grain folder and used some burlap strings for the tie.  The close up shows the glitter pen used to give a little sparkle to the flowers and bird wings.



5 comments:

  1. Love the embossing and love your combo of papers.. and I just love that Happy Birds set... that is one that at first I wasn't sure and then it quickly grew on me... I love that you can make them any colors you want... one of my favorites for sure! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. Pink and Brown a great combination of color. I just used this stamp set on my last card for Atlantic Hearts, one of my favorite stamp sets. Good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, I did not even realize this was Balloon ride, great colours! So soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty card! Love all the colors and your sweet little bird! Thanks for joining us at AHSC!

    Jess - DT
    www.freshbyjess.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on one of the Top 3 winners on this challenge...you deserved it.

    ReplyDelete