Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Summer Sunshine

Atlantic Hearts Sketch #266.

This sketch really was difficult for me.  So simple, and yet I tried several things that ended in the trash bin.  The wreath thing really threw me.  So I looked through nearly every stamp I owned, and then decided to clean my craft table...sometimes that helps!   And there was a very old set I had pulled out last week with a dozen others. I am attempting to eliminate some old sets.  See where this is going? (cue laughter)  
This is why I save them all. sigh.

Anyhoot, I paired the Close To My Heart stamp with a sentiment from a newer Lawn Fawn set, and a cute Savvy die that was used to cover a booboo made with a blob of shimmer from the Wink of Stella I used on the sun rays.  After all that I couldn't bear to start over. Happy crafting!



 

7 comments:

  1. Love this! I am so all about summer and warm weather and this just makes me happy. After the longest 7 months of cold and winter I am so ready for sun and warm weather. Your card is great, that sun is WOW! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever card! Lovely clean layout and such fun details....adore the sparkly ice cubes!
    Thank you for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member
    https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an interesting and unique take on the sketch! I never would have considered using a sun to represent a wreath in a sketch - superb idea. Love everything about this. Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this bright cheery card! Thank you for joining AHSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done -starting over several times happens to the best of us, lol...but I'd say you nailed it this time around! Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is adorable! I love inspirations from cleaning up! Love the cheerfulness of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, Dena! I also have this sunshine stamp in my collection and I don't think it's ever been inked up but you have definitely inspired me to play with it now. Great colors and perfect pairing with those adorable little lemonade glasses, spot on for a fun and refreshing summer themed card! Thanks for sharing with us this week at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete