Sunday, March 24, 2013

Paper Ribbons



http://www.cardsinenvy.blogspot.com/
The challenge at Cards in Envy this week was to use paper strips instead of ribbon!  I have admired the darling paper bows seen on other blogs, and  searched my Artiste Cricut cartridge for just such a thing.  It did take three tries to get the size I wanted, but I'm sayin' ...this is the easiest way to get that perfect bow :-)



The Deconstructed Sketch #94 is the ideal design for using my paper ribbon and bow.  What a great sketch!  I have two more cards lined up to make using this. It's simple and clean here with the new Close To My Heart Tommy papers.  The next card I'm trying with it uses floral paper and is sweet. This will be a go-to sketch for me.

Paper:  TOMMY (Close To My Heart), Outdoor Denim, Honey, White Daisy card stock
Stamps:  4 My Friend (CTMH)
Ink: Outdoor Denim
Tool: Artist cartridge (CTMH) , Cricut

5 comments:

  1. Really cute and simple. Nice use of colors. Thanks for playing at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I love your paper ribbon and bow and the colors of your card are stunning! Thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy!

    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the paper ribbon! And really a great sketch, too. I'll come back to see what else you make from it! Thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy ~ Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE this paper bow. Such a great job! Thanks for sharing with CIE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! You are the winner of our Paper Strips instead of Ribbon challenge at Cards in Envy! Your card was chosen as the #1 favorite of the design team. Please go to our blog and grab the winner badge in the Winner's tab at Cards in Envy and proudly display it on your blog! Thanks so much for being a part of our challenge!
    ~ Sandy, Co-Host of Cards in Envy

    ReplyDelete