Saturday, February 16, 2013

Love From Sugar




My grandsons just adopted a rescue dog and named her Sugar.  She is a ten month-old chi-weenie and just adorable.  I made this card to give the boys from Sugar. 
It was love at first sight for them, and for me when I saw this incredible image from A Day For Daisies, 'Loyal Friend.'  I am also posting it at Cards in Envy for sketch #1, and
Friday Mash Up 97 challenge to use texture and markers. Sentiments are from CTMH stamp sets.
Cards In Envy is a brand new challenge blog that is all about creating cards that can fit in the envelope and not be destroyed by the postal machines! 

9 comments:

  1. Awwww, love your card! The boy and dog really tug at your heart strings. And you pulled it all together with the dog bone pattern border and paw print. I like all the texture, too. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Cards in Envy. I hope to see more of your work at our next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card to go with an even sweeter story.I loved your take on the sketch, and thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great reason to give a card. That payprint is adorable along with the paper you used. Thanks for playing at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sketch you used, and the speech bubble is a great cut-out! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card! That stamp of the boy and the dog is priceless. Very fitting. :-) -Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors are fabulous and I love the boy and dog! That reminds me so much of my youngest and his "best friend". Your interpretation of the sketch is wonderful. Thank you for joining us at Cards In Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet image and sentiment! Your colouring is beautiful. Great way to add texture, too! Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable card! I love the bone strip and slight distressed look. Its just perfect for your grandsons and has really made me smile! Thanks so much for joining us at Cards in Envy this week and I do hope you will join us again soon!
    Danie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card and I love that sweet image! The paw print in the corner is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete