Sunday, January 22, 2012

Something Old



Wow, a challenge I could work on every day for months! At Card Makin'Mamas this week: use "Something Old" - for a craft hoarder this was too easy. It had to be supplies/tools that have been waiting patiently in your cupboard for at least six months. Over a year ago I bought a gorgeous set of chip board embellishments (three full panels!) ....and the cool little embossing corner punch that has four different corner designs has been waiting even longer. I almost donated it away when cleaning last week. The paper behind the bird was made on Colonial White card stock and stamped once with CTMH Universal Background set (script) in Desert Sand, and again with Sorbet ink using CTMH Two-Step Background set. I tried to mimic the chipboard pattern behind the bird. The card base and panel are CTMH Barn Red card stock. Ribbon from SU! (Thank you to my stamping buddy who stopped me from being matchy-matchy). I sanded the embossed corners to bring out the design. (Thank you Brenda -I've done this before, but your beautiful card was fresh in my memory or I might not have thought to do it.) A very fun challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment