Saturday, May 7, 2022

Hanging Garden Die


The new challenge theme at Allsorts is to create using your favorite stamps or dies.  The sponsor for this week is Oakwood Direct offering two prizes - a surprise craft pack and a stencil.  I hope you will play along with Allsorts #675!

 Currently, my favorite stamps and dies are from Gina K Designs and Altenew.  My card today uses the Hanging Gardens die from Altenew cut from a mat gold card stock.  Die cuts are a wonderful way to finish a background piece.  My panel on the left was created using a very fun technique from Chrissy Stokes. She has a video HERE about inking with tissue paper and then crunching it up on the card stock. Once dry you lightly rub with Luster Wax.

The right side was stamped with a very old text stamp in Old Paper Distress Oxide, and splattered Black Soot. The sentiment is from Gina K's Bitty Botanicals.


                                

5 comments:

  1. Love the gold and green color combo here, Dena. A truly amazing card and what a great technique to use tissue paper. It sounds fairly familiar to me but not sure if I actually ever done it. Thanks for sharing the "How to" video, I'll be checking it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very arty make and it looks so good. I must try and remember to use die cuts over a background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous and beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the arty look of this Dena - no come across this tissue technique before, and the gold die is really beautiful
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dena I have finally managed to pay you a visit I love your blog and have become your follower as we are now team mates, I love your beautiful card
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete