Wednesday, January 20, 2021

You are a Gem!


 

This evening I was inspired to try the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches with the color challenge at Just Us Girls : 3 shades of blue. 

First, I stamped five gems and a center using Altenew's Mini Delight Precious Florette layering set with Iceberg, Eastern Sky and Ultramarine inks. It's a tiny image with 6 layers!  Put my eyes to the test! I did the outline layer last hoping it would cover any little gaps (it helped), and I cut them out with the coordinating dies.

Then, I taped off lines on a #110 card base and inked blended with the  same three Altenew inks.  I then blended the 'leaves' using the same colors with Simon Says Stamp Holiday Foliage stencil, and stamped the sentiment. The gem 'flower' was popped on with foam tape and I embellished the gems with Glossy Accents.  








5 comments:

  1. lovely card ! Congrats Dena
    hugs and good vibes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card! So elegant and simple! Thank you for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE how you used those gems - and the accents in the blue stripes are a wonderful accent! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty use of the blues. Thanks for joining in at just us girls challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cécile's choice: I love that bright cheerful color scheme paired with the bold sentiment. This stunning card would brighten even the darkest day.

    ReplyDelete