Saturday, April 27, 2024

Stencils!

 It is my week to select a theme for the challenge at Allsorts and so I hope you will play along and USE A STENSIL!   Of course, you always have the Anything Goes option if you prefer.

Prizes from Oakwood (2 x A5 stamp sets) and Highlight Crafts (3 x A5 stencils)


My inspiration card for you used Perfect Poppies (a layered stencil) and the Decorative Double stencil from Gina K Designs. I inked the poppies using Red Velvet and Cherry Red Gina K inks, and added some dots of gold to the centers. For the background I used Soft Stone ink. I cut the piece down using a Darice Nesting Book Pages die, then edged it with some gold embossing powder. The sentiment is from Gina K's Ornate Spring set.


Stencils are a fantastic way to create texture, and the layered stencils are wonderful for color. They are usually less expensive as well.  Just a winning combination. I hope you will join in and share your creations at Allsorts this week.

7 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Dena, love the poppies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poppies are fabulous, as is the die cut! Everything about your card is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love poppies and this is such a bright and cheerful card. Great layout and the mounting on the black really makes them pop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Poppy creation Dena, one of my fav flowers.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely card Dena, love the poppies and the gold ribbon. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those stenciled poppies look amazing with the added touches of gold and I love the die-cut shape of the top of the card too! It's such a pretty birthday card.

    ReplyDelete