Saturday, November 4, 2023

The Great Outdoors

 Challenge #753 at Allsorts has an optional theme of the Great Outdoors that allows for so many fun directions! 

Prizes from Stampendous and Oakwood Direct and WOWVOW

My card uses a new to me set from My Favorite Things, I'll Always Chews You. I really wanted some wood element behind the image...
So I taped together all my Spellbinders nesting circle dies, pressed them into Simon Hurley stamping foam, inked up with chocolate a cocoa inks and stamped on a kraft scrap of card. After cutting with just the larger die, I distressed the edge with scissors and rubbed on dark brown ink. I stamped the image and leaves, colored with Copics and used the coordinating dies to cut. Coloring little critters that are all brown was a challenge. These are my second attempt. A friend was here crafting with me and had just a perfect die with rough edges for the white panel. Looks like the critters have been chewing it up!





8 comments:

  1. What a clever way to create the wood circle Dena, so effective.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute and what a creative way to make the wood circle! Love how this turned out and great rectangle die too with the "chewed" edges. So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to create the wooden circle, it looks fab. Such a cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable, cute card Dena
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute image and a lovely card.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Dena, what a clever way to make the wood element! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, congrats 💐☺️ happy day

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely adorable Dena and your wood slice is amazing xx

    ReplyDelete