Sunday, May 26, 2019

Watercolor Birthday



Wonderful day crafting with a best buddy. We got so much accomplished, played with new product, and we experimented with techniques, too. ♥

So I used my new Altenew set.  It arrived just before I left for Japan, and I was surprised to see how large an image it is!  I inked it up with Versa fine on some cold press watercolor paper.  I used my Daniel Smith card and my friend's boxed set to watercolor.  I'm am not good at this, but I LOVE doing it.  I used the coordinating die to cut it out.  I was going to put it on a pale gray card base, but my friend said white looked much better. She's smart. I brought it home and wasn't sure about a sentiment ...die cut? heat embossed?  Should have done it at her house while I had access to her inspiration and decisiveness :-) Decided on gold heat embossed with a Paper Trey sentiment. Then I tied gold thread and splattered shimmer watercolor.  I have many splatters on the table...celebrate the mess!

Here it is. I am linking to Watercooler Wednesday "Occasions" challenge.







No comments:

Post a Comment