Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Send a Smile 4 Kids

It is a joy to craft, visit blogs, be inspired, send 'happy mail' to friends....but I have needed an outlet, a positive contribution with my hobby.  I've sent cards to military, sold them locally for cancer research fundraising, but haven't had an outlet lately.  I was thrilled to discover Send a Smile 4 Kids this week.   A packet is heading to them tomorrow.  These cards will be included, and they were made today with their mission in mind. I love making fun kid cards, but even with four grandchildren, can't really use all the stamps enough. I am really excited about making cards for children who need some laughs and love.
 Please check out their site and follow them on Facebook!

The stamps are mainly from MY FAVORITE THINGS's new release Toucan Do It! and the coordinating dies, also some leaves and the flower  from two very old Close To My Heart sets Extreme Happiness and Nature Walk

I did some partial die cutting on the card with three birds - inspired by a Jennifer McGuire video on that technique.  The first card just used a single die cut.  I used Copics to color the toucans. I made masks for the leaves and used some rock n' roll and second generation stamping for them.




 Inside:






 

No comments:

Post a Comment