Monday, June 11, 2018

Atlantic Hearts

Monday means a new sketch at Atlantic Hearts Sketch  Challenge. I'm not usually so fast with a card...but I had a brand new cover die on my desk waiting for inspiration. What a surprise to see this sketch!    

So I got to work right away.  I used a panel for some ink blending with Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean.  I cut the cover on some craft.  Then I used several colors of ink as watercolor on a piece of watercolor paper. When it was dry I used the accompanying dies for flowers and leaves. I used a Savvy sentiment die cut from kraft and also from some tan foam.  The little bird is from a set of dimensionals I've had for years. They are lovely, but hard to find a use for.  This is so not my style, but I had a blast putting it together. If I have some time, I'll try another version with some stamping!




2 comments:

  1. I love this pretty card! You did a great job with the sketch! Thanks so much for sharing with us at AHSC! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Color me impressed, Dena, this is gorgeous! I love your color choices and seeing how you blended them to get such an authentic look, and overall I really like the delicate and cheerful look of this card. Thank you for sharing with us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete