Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Just Fun Today





My worktable was a disaster! You know the mess created when you keep pulling out things to see if they work...and after two or three cards there isn't any table (or even floor!) space to see. Time to clean up. But sometimes those very scraps or notebook scribbles inspire again. I had out all my Bugaboo images and a lot of blue CTMH Stardust paper for yesterday's monochromatic...and Cool Cat was made. He didn't like buttons, so had been dropped yesterday. Stars are his thing. A lovely card seen on the Clean & Simple blog inspired me to go out and buy an EK butterfly punch today...hence the butterfly CASE card. I tucked a piced of matching paper into the envelope to make it a bit fancier. Otherwise it's a 3-5 minute card. Got to love those punches and a little bling!

Well, I'd managed to clean down to my notes and sketches...and saw the egg idea scratched on a page. I had seen an egg card with a swiveled top and these little chicks, but no directions at all. I free-hand cut the large oval, used a small Nestabilities for the oval chicks and a scalloped punch cut in four for their wings. Gave them a little color with red chalk. The eyes are just hole punched pieces glued together. I cut a 1" strip of Autumn Terracotta textured card stock for the 'feet' - trimmed one side with Fiskars small scallop scissors, and folded. That lets the chick stand up on his own. The grass I bought in a package at Michael's last year... I had a blast making these. And my workspace is nearly clean enough to start again!

No comments:

Post a Comment