Wednesday, February 15, 2023

To Travel is to Live

 Since retiring,  I have tried to take at least one big trip each year. COVID made 2020 and 2021 a stay at home, but I'm happy to be back on the road :-) again.  So far I have visited Japan (3 times because my oldest son lives there), Thailand, Italy, China, Mongolia, Russia, Morocco, Spain, Germany, Poland, Austria, Czechia, Hungary...Greece and Canada on the schedule this year and likely another trip to Japan.I have learned so much and met marvelous people.  

My card was inspired by the Travel & Adventure challenge at Beyond the Blue. I embossed a white card using the Darice World Map folder, and ink blended around the edges. The central image is a ephemera piece that was in a package from a friend. I stamped and fussy cut the little suitcase and camera images. They are really old wooden stamps that have been in my stash for a couple of decades! lol The card is sitting on my travel journal for this photo.




6 comments:

  1. It is indeed Dena. I married and had children in my teens so things came later in life, including travel and my degree when I was 40. Like you I enjoy and gain so much from seeing other cultures, done most on your list but Thailand still evades us, was scheduled but the company went out of business just before our dates so ended up in Mexico.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That is certainly seeing the World. We have done little, but did live in Saudi Arabia for 4 years! Definitely seeing a different culture. Love your journey card. Great thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that you get to travel so much and experience all the different cultures! Your card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so fun! I love the colorburst! Thanks so much for joining us at Beyond the Blue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card Dena, great travel themed card. We played catch up with foreign holiday last year, postponed from 2020 and 2021, visiting the Netherlands, Austria, Germany and Norway. Japan is still on my wish list of places to visit.... one day perhaps! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful travel themed card! Love the cameras arranged as a wreath.

    ReplyDelete